International Women's Day_WOW Exhibit_Peabody Essex Museum

I made this paper sculpture while visiting the Peabody Essex Museum's WOW exhibit with my daughter.  I propped it up against all of the cardboard cutouts on the craft table and took this photo.  I thought it looked kind of cool. I like the look of this women with visible veins coursing through her, in full view, topped by an electric hair halo.  I like the huge chorus of Vitruvian women, different in their similarity, supporting her waiting for an embrace or to fly or to spin into a defiant cart wheel and roll away. 
I went to work today for my woman owned publisher and women owned optometrist office.  I am truly grateful on this International Women's Day for the opportunities these women have given me, for their support and faith in my abilities.




Comments