New York City Public Library, Storytime, Happy Author Illustrator

I am so happy to be on the bus heading to New York City.  I was invited by the New York City Library, Chatham Square Branch in the heart of Chinatown to be their guest at their Saturday morning story time.  I'll be reading my books at one of the busiest libraries in the city I love and grew up in.  I can feel that good New York energy already and to me just saying the words, New York Pubic Library,  is like saying a rather precise prayer to books.  There are 88 neighborhood libraries and the library offers 55,000 free programs a year!  
Now for some folks that might not sound like a big thing but for me it is a dream come true; the Broadway of story times.  I'll be reading to children for the first time at my hometown library, the New York Public Library.  Thank you for inviting me and I sure hope that I don't get too nervous and that I do a good job.  


Chatham Square Branch NY Public Library


Comments