Oscar Schmoscar Why I'd Rather Visit a Museum than go to the Movies

I posted recently about how much my daughter and I enjoyed our visit to the Peabody Essex Museum.
So now, here's my little Oscar Schmoscar shopping list on why I prefer museums to movies. Opinions may vary.


TOP SEVENTEEN PLUS ONE REASONS WHY I'D RATHER VISIT A MUSEUM THAN GO TO THE MOVIES
  1. The artists play themselves in the films.
  2. There is very little talking. 
  3. Kids are admitted free of charge.
  4. It is not deafeningly loud.
  5. There are no trailers. 
  6. It doesn't matter if the artists are young or good looking or famous, usually you don't know what they look like.  
  7. I can stare at the same image for hours if I want.  It is not moving at lightning pace, attempting to give me a seizure.
  8. I can walk around. I don't like sitting for too long.
  9. I can take a break whenever I want.
  10. I am the director. I am surrounded by works of art and may look where I choose. 
  11. In one visit, I can see the work of artists from many different countries.
  12. I can view really old stuff and really new stuff.
  13. If I don't like the exhibit I am looking at I can move on to the next.  
  14. There is a lot of variation: painting, books, film, glass, ceramic, sticks, photographs, prints, manuscripts, installations, fashion, a house, a temple etc. etc.
  15. The gift shops have great bling.
  16. There is better food to eat and nice cafes, maybe even a rooftop garden with a great view.
  17. You may leave for a walk, return  and begin where you left off without having missed a thing.
  18. Last and best of all: I get to look and think about creativity with my beautiful little girl.
My Bella and I with art by Maria Magdalena Campos-Pons




Comments