The Heart of a Child_Christmas Trees 2014

    As my son pulled my daughter through the snow, I saw them, as they once were.  Not too long ago,  the sled was big enough for two and I would do the pulling.  We would search the magical, Christmas wood until we heard the whispering call from the tree which would  come to live with us, if briefly,  twinkling with lights,  glowing with candles, surrounded by presents, encircled by the chug chug of the train.  

Copyright 2014 JoAnn Adinolfi
  
   This year we measured the tree by the six feet in height of my son and my daughter did the decorating and wrapping.  She made beautiful bows for the packages.  No cookies were left for Santa yet he still came. Something has changed yet much remains.  Childhood is brief but the child's heart can be eternal.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Santa, Cookies, Christmas Trees, Kids Getting Big, The Passing of Time, Sleds, Family, The Holiday Season, Snow.

Comments