Valentine's Day_Garden Eels in Love


Some women think of chocolates and flowers on Valentine’s Day. I, on the other hand, am the kind of girl who thinks of eels. 
I was recently at the Boston Aquarium and was mesmerized by the flowing motion of the garden eels.  The lower parts of their bodies seem permanently imbedded in the sand as their upper bodies languidly move to and fro.

They reminded me of star-crossed lovers swaying to an underwater love song longingly reaching out to one another but never able to touch.
I guess if I had to experience a thwarted love affair, I'd rather do it in the warm waters of the Caribbean than in the frigid sea of the northeast.  Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!

Here is my photo series: GARDEN EELS IN LOVE. 







Watch the garden eels in action:

Comments